Monday 26 December 2011

Ms Pauline Long C.E.O/FOUNDER BEFFTA Awards a true today's woman


1)Please tell us briefly who you are for those who are not familiar with you and what kind of work you do? 
I'm Pauline Long, a mother, wife, entrepreneur, philanthropist, presenter, fashion designer, events producer and manager amongst other things. 
2)What word best describe you as a person? 
Passionate 
3)Whats one thing you just cant leave home without? 
Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream for lips. I love it, love it, love it. 
4)There are so many awards shows what makes the BEEFTA awards different from the rest? 
It is an award ceremony that purely gives back by appreciating, celebrating and honouring talented black and ethnic personalities in entertainment, film, fashion, television and arts. We bring together artists under one room to celebrate each other's achievements whether they work behind the scenes as a make up artist, camera man, djs as well as the artists who are always in the front like musicians, actors, models and more. We are a hard working community that do not get appreciated enough. The award is also a way of encouraging our community to achieve at the highest level in this competitive global village.  
5)We know you are always busy and also have a family how do you manage your timing with both? 
It's easy I work around my children's time-table as they come first so I fit everything around them. And I mean that literally from managing one of London's largest studios East End Studios to organising Europe's biggest award ceremony for black and ethnic personalities in performing arts. 
6)We know you have some awards you have received for the role you play in this society tell us about it all? 
The awards are very special to me. To be celebrated for giving back and doing what I'm passionate about is such a great honour. I have received GAB award, previous recipient of this award include Nelson Mandela, I have received WIE award, AFIA award, UKAA Award, FAN Eminent persons award, M&M(Music&Movies) award just to name a few.  
7)Where do you see the BEFFTA awards in 5 years time? 
BEFFTA awards is growing and reaching out to the wider community, besides BEFFTA UK and BEFFTA USA, BEFFTA Africa is launching in 2012 and BEFFTA USA is launching soon after. Our aim is not just to be the biggest but to maintain what BEFFTA stands for and hopefully we will be creating some jobs for the community while we introduce other projects under BEFFTA. Sorry I cannot talk about these projects yet. 
8)How would you describe your fashion sense? 
My fashion sense is individual to me. It is classic yet clean and elegant. I like wearing dresses with straight cuts to define my small frame. I love bright colours, red is my favourite but I will also wear blue or orange and yellow on happy days. I don't follow trends and I rarely shop on the high street as it is extremely hard to find something that I like and fits me well being a size 6. The only things I will buy on the high street shops are pairs of jeans. I love my lack pair of skinny jeans, they are my favourite fashion items. If I could wear them everyday even on red carpet without the fashion police noticing then I would be the happiest. 
9)What kind of music would have you moving your head and making your way to the dance floor? 
It is seasonal, I could fall in love with rock music for 6 months, then the next 6 months hip-hop then Afro-beats for another eight months. I love good beats. I'm currently listening to Pass Out by Chris Brown constantly on repeat on my MP3 player. It has great vibes. 
10)What are your 4 fashion tips for our many readers out there? 
- Keep it simple but colourful, I don't believe you have to wear black as it is a safe colour. Once a week is fine otherwise you will lok like you are attending funerals on a daily basis. 
- Mix and match pieces to create your own trend. You see what looks good on Kate might not look good on Victoria. Why not turn your favourite dress into a top and wear it with a beautifl skirt to match to create a totally new look. 
- Shoe, shoes, shoes, it is vital to wear shoes that fit comfortably, forget the fashion trend just wear what fits otherwise you will end up doing the crab walk(walking like a crab) in tight shoes 
- Have you looked in the mirror? Do you like what you see? Do you feel great, fantastic, gorgeous, confident in what you are wearing? Good! Then step out and let it show no matter what anyone says, you are the queen. 
11)When you are not busy working what do you enjoy doing in your free time? 
I love dancing to unwind but I don't go to night clubs, I go to dance classes. We also do random mini dance contests in my house with the children, sounds crazy doesn't it? The children love it, it is a good bonding session and time to be happy and silly. I enjoy playing chess, reading digital books on the internet and writing endlessly. I can picture  my writing turning into a serious career path. 
12)What's your favourite meal to prepare? 
As a vegetarian I've created my very own vegetarian recipe which my non-vegetarian guests and family never recognise it is actually mushrooms. Many times it has been mistaken for minced beef. I call it mushroom mince, there are more secret ingredients added to it, it is absolutely delicious served with pilau rice. 
13)How can anyone from the other side of the world learn more about you? 
I'm on facebook and on my official website www.paulinelong.com   
14)In your own words what makes a man a real man? 
Men, along subject, isn't it? In my opinion there is no real description of a real man. It is like asking what is the real definition of a real woman. We are who we are. If you can find a man who is kind, understanding, sensitive, must definitely open doors and pull those chairs out, a man who smiles when it is time to smile and a man who cries when it is time to cry then that's great.  
15)If you were given a ticket to fly to any part of the world where would you go and why? 
India is my dream location simply because I'm currently into production and I think certain parts of India are so beautiful they could provide a magnificent background and scenery for a movie set. However, I've always wanted to get a one way ticket to Mauritius, it is beautiful. 
16)What are some of your likes and dislikes? 
I like going deeper and discovering what I can achieve while I'm still alive, I like trying out new things. I like seeing the best in people as it helps bring out the best in me. I like walking, I cover at least 4 miles a day, it keeps me so fit. I like my natural locks, I've always wanted to be able to flick my own hair and just touch them any time  without worrying about finding a comb to fix the hairstyle.....wow I feel liberated! I do not like negative energy around me and I don't like it when one feels they cannot construct a whole sentence without using a swear word, swearing is a definite no no for me. It is a complete turn off
17)Do you think you are a true representation of today's woman? 
 I am my mother's daughter, I'm from my mother's era and she is definitely the only woman I want to be compared to. She is hard working, extremely caring, ambitious even in her old age, keeps her family together no matter what. Just like mother, I stick to my beliefs, I do not follow the crowd. I stand for what I believe in even if it means standing alone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion Police News Blog would love to ear from you