This Blog is operated by the award winning"Best Model Trainer"in the UK who is also known as the man who teaches all the ladies how to walk. TV personality to ITV2 & MTV Catwalk Professor..Mr Fierce
Follow on twitter...@MrFierceCatwalk and feel free to also follow on Instagram "MRFIERCECATWALK"
1) Please tell us who you are and what you do for those not familiar with you?
My name is Tatiana Gibs. I’m a Baking and Pastry Arts/ Food Service Management major enrolled in Johnson & Wales University, full time. What I do for others who are not familiar with me, is to touch them with my music. More specifically, I’m a singer/ song writer who indulges in making people relate to me and circumstances through my lyrical poet.
2) What 3 words best describe you as a person?
Humble, Artistic, & Inspiring.
3) Describe your fashion sense?
Secretly, I am an underground clothing designer. It started off as a hobby while bored, and little did I know my drawings were being liked by the very few that I showed. I am most interested in dresses though. My fashion sense can best be described as unique because I do not follow trends. I set my own.
4) There are many doing what you’re doing what makes you different from the rest?
The difference is simple! I don’t only look out for myself; I try to help others in the process. I collaborate with others to make hits that would promote not only me but them as well.
5) Tell us all about yourself how you started to this very day?
I have been going to church ever since I can remember. At a very young age of 5, I began performing in a group called “Voice of Glory”. That was the very beginning of “Tatiana’s” music journey. Ever since then, I’ve been in various choirs, competitions, plays, and many other entertainment events Caribbean-wide.
6) How can someone from the other side of the world learn more about you and what you do?
One word: Social Media! I keep my fans posted on all my current events on Facebook, Twitter, Sound Cloud, BBM, & soon to come my web page.
7) When not working what do you love doing?
I believe in spending time with the ones you love, and that would be my family and dear friends. I also try to practice new recipes and get new formulas for my baking and pastry arts. Of course, my music is always on my mind and my mind on my music.
8) If you was to walk the red carpet which designer would you wear and why?
If I was to walk on the red carpet, I would definitely be in a Jean Paul Gautier’s dress. His work is sublime.
9) If you was given 1 ticket to fly anywhere in the Caribbean where would you fly to?
I would really like to explore Jamaica. I would just like to familiarize with their culture and see their way of life.
10) What perfume are you wearing as we speak?
I am wearing J’adore by Dior if you please. *wink*
11) If you has the power to change the music world what would you change and why?
I do not think artists sometimes realize the effect their music have especially on adolescents.
If I had the power to change anything it would be the profanity in music and the X-rated graphics and poses in the video that is corrupting the youth of today.
12) Which other 2 singers on the island of St Maarten do you look up to if any?
Natisha Hanson and Cutie Johnson “CJ Ilisimo” but nonetheless all SXM’s singers are appreciated.
13) Who are your 3 best friends you would ride and die for?
Geraldine Gibs, Giovanni Brooks, and Vanessa Castor
14) What music would have you running to the dance floor to shake your booty?
I’m definitely a Soca lover but dancehall would have my booty shaking real quick on ‘pon di dance floor.’
15) What are 3 things women do that makes you mad?
1) Bringing down another
2) Being envious
3) Lack of ambition
16) If you had the chance to make music with 1 person of your choice who would it be?
The late Whitney Houston would have been a great honor hence; I would love to record with Mary J. Blidge.
17) If the Fashion Police was to have dinner at your home what would you prepare them?
For starters I would serve fresh garden salad with my home-madevinaigrette. The main course will be seasoned long grain Basmati rice with mushroom tilapia and steamed vegetables. Instead of the traditional wine, we would drink Rum Jumbie Liqueur from the Guavaberry factory for an island’s treat.
18) What do you think of rappers using the N word and B word in their music?
The N word goes back to slavery, something that we don’t want to be reminded of. Furthermore, if a white person use the word it is not acceptable. Therefore, it should not be acceptable by black people as well because it is then hypocritical. The B word has been used too much now and has spiraled out of control. Needless to say it is disrespect to all women.
19) Where do you see yourself in 7 years’ time?
Hopefully in seven years’ time I would be married and have started my own family. Musically my career would have reached its peak while still putting it down in the kitchen not only at home but in my own bakery. I also want to find myself giving back by teaching what I’ve learnt.
20) If the Fashion Police was to be a fly on your bedroom wall what would they be shock to see?
Fashion Police would probably be shocked to see how much time I spend with my youngest brother and how much of a bond we have. He is also musically talented and has many artistic abilities and our bond is inseparable.
21) What is one thing you just can't leave home without?
I definitely, CAN’T leave the house without one of my MANY lip-glosses. Trust me all my close friends know. It is just a bad/good habit. *hihihi*
22) What advice do you have for others looking to walk into your footsteps?
The advice that I would have for others is that it is a very long journey and nothing good comes easy. Nevertheless, hard work and perseverance does. It is also important to P.U.S.H. –Pray Until Something Happens! Always put GOD first!