Sunday 24 June 2012

Canada Top Designer Ms Fatima Speaks to The Fashion Police

Designer Fatima
1)Please tell us who you are and what you do for those not familiar with you? 

1A- My name is Fatima and I'm the creator of Coco Becky Couture. My fashion line creates one of a kind custom pieces for fierce women of all shapes and sizes! Coco Becky is based out of Toronto Canada. 

2)There are so many designers out there what makes you different from all the rest?

2A- When I design I make clothing for all types of women, that flatters individual body structures not just for one type. My main goal is to allow my client to feel glamorous in their garment and know that they are making statements as soon as they walk in a room.


3)Who would you like to see wearing your garments if you could choose 3 people?

3A- #1 would be Beyonce because I just love her and she is such a positive individual in general! Her talent is endless
#2 wud be Rihanna because her style is off the chain and what she wears at times resembles they type of clothing I create. Her care free mentality goes hand in hand. 
#3 wud be the Vixen Angelina Jolie she just screams sexy and glamour! 

4)When not working what do you enjoy doing?

4A- I enjoy traveling my goal is to visit almost every country and learn about different cultures and their fashion style.



5)Do you think your a true representation of a today's woman if yes/no why?

5A- Yes I believe I' am! Women in this age take risks wear what they dare and believe and pursue their goals and dreams. Stand up for what they believe in and never let the negative effect them! And that's all me right there! 

6)What are your 4 fashion tips you live by?

6A- #1 less is more, 2) make sure you are cohesive from head to toe 3) dress like a lady not like a skank 4) every outfit needs one statement piece whether it be shoes, belt, accessories or your garment

7)What are a few things men do that makes you mad?

7A- Men who don't know what they want especially at an older age where they should be more settled down. Men who are insecure with themselves and can't handle a strong women. Last but not least Men who don't have their heads on their shoulders and are more concerned about sex than paying bills and rent say no to Broke! 



8)If you was given 2 tickets to fly any where in the world where would you go?

8A- I always wanted to go to Egypt to see the pyramids! Architectural designs are so inspiring and full of Mystery! 

9)How can people from the other side of the world view your work and learn more about you?

9A- They can check out my website www.cocobeckycouture.com, twitter- @msfatti, facebook: Coco Becky and Instagram CocoBecky! I love social Media!!!!



10)Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

10A- I wish to have boutiques in major cities around the world, like NY, Miami, London, etc. And be a known name amongst fashion! 

11)If you had to invite the fashion police for dinner what would you prepare?

11A- yum I love food so many thingsss lol... Maybe a big juicy steak with some healthy Veggies and mashed potatoes! And for dessert strawberry chocolate mousse cake! 



12)Who are your 4 best friends you would ride and die for?

12A- #1 wud be my parents 
#2 my cuz Nikitta 
#3 my partner in crime Natalie 
#4 my Roro aka Roshona

13)If we was a fly on your bedroom wall what would we be shock to see?

13A- lol that my bedroom looks like a jungle and you would feel at home being an animal! I love the jungle so I have created mine to look similar to it.


14)What do you think of plus size models on the runway?

14A- I think it's a must because real women have curves and Real women are the ones wearing and purchasing the clothing! 

15)What do you think of men who teaches women to walk?

15A- I love it! I think its FAB men know what they want in a women and showing a women how to walk in a way that catches a mans attention is dope!


16)What do you think of the fashion police news blog?

16A- I love it! Very informative! It's mainly about Fashion and allows readers to learn more about the fashion world and what it has to offer! And it is also appealing to view! Great job!!! 

17)What are your best assets?

17A- hmmm I wud say my face!, I think I have nice boobs lol and my petite frame! 



18)What do you love most when dancing when someone?

18A- I think its very intimate you are both in each other's personal space and it brings you closer. 

19)Are you single/married/divorced?

19A- I'm dating .........

20)Who is your role model and why?

20A- my mother! She is a strong women who has raised me to fight for my rights, never settle for less and to strive to reach my goals and dreams with out giving up! I look up to her respect her and wish to be as strong as she is and a great mother! 



21)If you had the power to change the fashion world what would you change and why?

21A- I don't think I would change anything because fashion is all about being different and all the different types of fashion define each individual! People express who they are with Fashion and we wouldn't want to live in a boring world where everyone dressed the same! 

22)Describe your fashion sense?

22A- I love pieces that stand out! Like bright colors, cut outs, sequins, feathers and Metallics! I want to be able to step in to a room and make a statement like here I' am and my clothes do all the taking! What I wear is a reflection of my personality! 

23)Where do you get your inspiration from when designing?

23A- I love nature all the colors just amazing! Building structures also inspire me! The animal kingdom and their magnificent skins and feathers are just fab and food like cakes and pastries as well. They all play a role when it comes to design inspirations!


24)Any last words for our many blog readers?

24A- When you have a dream do not allow anybody to tell you that you can't do it! Believe in yourself and press on! You guys are all fabulous! Xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion Police News Blog would love to ear from you