Wednesday, 12 February 2014
Ms Carnival Senior Queen Contestant Ms Kenecia David Speaks To The Fashion Police In London Town...!!!!
Please tell us who you are and what you do for those not familiar with you?
I’m a very outspoken 19 year old who has been raised on the beautiful island of St.Maarten. I love traveling, baking, shopping, watching TV shows and spending time with my friends and family. I enjoying trying new things and challenging myself to do better and be better at everything.
2) What 3 words best describe you as a person?
I would say that I am enthusiastic, practical and devoted person.
3) Describe your fashion sense?
I think that my fashion sense is classic with a hint of bombshell. I am fine with wearing jeans and a simple shirt, but I pair them with eye-catching accessories and shoes.
4) What made you decide to enter the Carnival Senior Queen Pageant 2014?
I believe that your life is made up all the challenges and triumphs that you have experienced throughout your lifetime. Without new experiences you cannot grow. I decided that this Carnival Senior Queen Pageant is a way for me to experience something new; not only as a learning experience, but also as a way to help me grow as a person.
5) Do you think you will win if yes/no why?
I definitely think that I stand a chance of winning because I am a beautiful, intelligent and hardworking individual. However, it is a competition and you can never predict who will win or not.
6) If you was to walk the red carpet which designer would you wear and why?
I think it would be Giorgio Armani because his clothing is simple but at the same time he uses accessories that stand out. That’s kind of how my style is.
7) If you was given 1 ticket to fly anywhere in the Caribbean where would you go and why?
I would go to St. Lucia because I’ve heard so many good things and I would like to experience the island for myself.
8) What perfume are you wearing as we speak?
9) Who are your 4 best friends you would ride and die for?
I have a small circle of friends who are aware of whom they are, however no one is dying for anyone lol
10) What music would have you running to the dance floor to shake your booty?
I find this question kind of funny because I am not really the dancing kind of person. However, I do enjoy listening to dance hall, rap and variety of other genres.
11) When free what do you enjoy doing?
When I’m free I enjoy watching TV shows, lots of TV shows such as; Pretty Little Liars, Vampire Diaries , Scandal, Originals…etc. I could go on but the list is just too long
12) What would you say is your best assets?
I don’t think that I have one best asset however I think my smile is my most important asset simply because it changes my entire appearance.
13) What is 1 thing you just cannot leave home without?
I cannot leave home without a handbag. Whether it is a clutch or messenger bag; I think it’s absolutely necessary to have a handbag at all times or else my outfit isn't complete.
14) What can people expect from you on this big pageant night?
This is completely different side of me for everyone to see especially those that know me. So everyone should really be prepared for the unexpected because this is Kenecia like you've never seen her before.
15) What advice do you have for others looking to participate in pageants?
Anyone who is planning to participate in pageants should really be prepared for a lot of hard work. This is not something that is really easy. There is a lot of work and planning that goes into every little detail. If you’re shy, like I am, take the risk because this could be the thing that will break you out of your shell. Just try it out, you have nothing to lose only something to gain.
16) What do you think of the Fashion Police News Blog?
This blog is a very good idea especially for people who are looking to find out more about fashion and what Mr.Fierce has been up to. I also think that it’s a very informative, especially with these interviews. It gives readers more insight into what to expect from each contestant just in case they were undecided.
17) What do you think of men who teaches women to walk?
I am of the belief that if you are passionate about something, and you are providing a service to individuals, your sex should not be a determining factor.
18) If you had the power to change the pageant world what would you change?
I think that the pageant world is really focused on beauty and maybe they should include a more intellectual aspect into it.
19) If you was to prepare dinner for the Fashion Police at your home what dish would you prepare?
I do cook, but I love restaurant quality food even more, especially sushi. So I would probably order in sushi from Bamboo Bernies or Sushiitto.
20) Tell us more about yourself as a person?
I like to think that I am very funny and honest. I love baking, especially cupcakes. I think I’m obsessed with cupcakes. I don’t like big groups of friends that’s why I have a very small circle. I enjoy volunteer work that is why I am a member of the Red Cross Youth Chapter. I graduated from the St.Dominic High School in 2011 from there I got an International Baccalaureate Diploma in 2013. I plan on starting college in August, 2014.
21) Why should you be crowned Carnival Senior Queen 2014?
I believe that whoever is crowned Queen should be someone that is not only beautiful but also well rounded. I do believe that I am a well-rounded person and will represent St.Maarten to best of my abilities.
22) Describe what real beauty is?
Beauty is not in appearance. I believe true beauty lies within a person; a kind, giving and selfless personality that shows way past your physical beauty
23) If you was to win this crown what would this mean to you?
It would mean the world to me. It would give me the courage to try all the new things that I want to do and have a positive outlook on life. It would also give others; who want to participate next year but may have doubts because they are shy , hope to do so because they too may win.
24) Any last words for our many blog readers around the world?
Those of you that are on the island be sure to come out to the Festival Village on April 23rd,2014 to support me in this year’s Senior Carnival Queen Pageant. For those of you that are not on the island be sure to visit if you still can if not, join us next year.