|CEO/FOUNDER Ms Black Africa UK pageant Mr Dele|
1) Please tell us who you are and what you do for those not familiar with you?
I am a software developer, PR Consultant, Entertainment blogger and a beauty pageant director. When I’m not doing any of the afore mentioned, I am at home writing code.
2) What 3 words best describe you as a person?
Modest Self-confessed workaholic
3) What cologne are you wearing as we speak?
Leau Dissey by Issey Miyake. Sweet smelling but yet masculine!
4) Do you think you’re a true representation of a today's man?
Not exactly. I bear mannerisms of the Modern man but still maintain a bit of the old school traditional values. I still believe in values like opening the car door and pulling a ladies chair out before we eat.
5) When not working what do you enjoy doing?
Remember that I called myself a workaholic? I never stop working. Is it abnormal to find work relaxing? If it is then perhaps I am abnormal.
6) You’re the Founder/CEO of Ms Black Africa UK please tell us more about this pageant?
Miss Black Africa was founded in 2010. The term ‘Black Africa’ is used to describe the part of Africa that lies south of the Sahara desert. It encompasses West, East, Central and Southern Africa. It often gets misunderstood as a pageant for only dark skinned Africans but it is open to anyone of sub-Saharan origin such as a white South African or Zimbabwean.
7) There are so many pageants in the UK what makes yours any different from the rest?
The distinctive factor is our post pageant plan. With Miss Black Africa, work only starts after the crowning. We encourage our winner to engage in charitable activities throughout the year. Miss Black Africa isn’t just about wearing a crown and sash or attending red carpet events. For a queen to impress me, she will need to pull her own weight and show that she is a queen for a reason. Last year’s queen Ruvimbo Chinzou was a blessing. She is the embodiment of what a beauty queen should be.
8) If you were given 2 tickets to fly anywhere in the world where would you fly to and why?
My first choice would be Hollywood, California. I visited in 2010 but feel that I didn’t explore it as much as I would’ve loved to. I still have unfinished business there.
My second choice will be Las Vegas which I visited in 2011. I lost some money on the slot machines and I promised that I would come back after a year or more of practice and try again. The city brought out the Gambler in me.
9) If you were to walk the red carpet which designer would you wear and why?
I am quite a simple guy and not really into labels and names. I am more concerned with the fit and not the label. I could be in a Gucci suit or one from he local Marks and spencer.
10) What do you think of the Fashion Police News Blog?
It’s one of my favourite fashion blogs at the moment. There’s always some mouth-watering story to keep me coming back for more. Besides Mr Fierce is one of the most intriguing people that I’ve met. Fearless and Fierce!
11) What do you think of men who teach women to walk?
Awesome! Women often say ‘what a man can do, a woman can do better.’ Now we can say that ‘What a woman can do, a man can do better’.
12) If we were to be a fly on your bedroom wall what would we be shocked to see?
You’ll be shocked to see how much I hate flies. You’ll be swatted and pulverised in seconds.
13) How can anyone from around the world learn more about you and what you do?
The easiest way would be to follow me on twitter @missblackafrica or from any of my websites (nollywooduncut.com, myukevents.com, missblackafrica.com)
14) If you had the power to change 2 things in pageantry worldwide what would you change?
The first will be to ensure that the girls are taught proper etiquette if time permits but most important of all is that a proper post pageant plan is in place.
15) If you were given 3 tickets to attend 3 events in the UK which 3 would you attend?
It would be the Brit Awards, the Technology Awards and the BEFFTA Awards.
16) Who are your 4 best friends you would ride and die for?
You are putting me on the spot here! My wife Liz, My son Jay, Kunle Lawani aka Luciano. I am still auditioning for the last position.
17) You have been nominated in the BEFFTA awards tell us all about that?
Great News! Miss Black Africa is up for 4 Awards ( Best Beauty Pageant, Best beauty Pageant Director, Best Beauty Queen and Best former Beauty Queen) and my Blog (Nollywood Uncut) has been nominated for Blog of the Year. It will be great to win an award as it is nice to know that you are being appreciated.
18) What are 4 things women do that makes you mad?
I hate it when a woman says ‘I can get any man I want’.
It puzzles me when a feminist that advocates for equality expects to be treated like a lady. Make up you minds please!
Another irritating thing is when a woman is being extra nice just because she is about to ask for a favour. Consistency is what I judge people by. Saying ‘Dele Dear’ just because you need a favour wouldn’t get you anywhere unless of course you say that all the time.
My fourth thing is that I hate gold diggers. I love a woman that makes her own money and holds her own. That is so sexy.
19) Where do you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
In 5 years’ time and with God’s grace, I hope to be in a position where I see myself giving back to the community. Nothing beats the joy and satisfaction from giving. I want to be able to make a mark in other people’s lives.
20) If the fashion police was to come and have dinner at your home what would you prepare them?
It would have to be Pounded yam and egusi soup which is a traditional Nigerian dish. You might even like it. Let’s see how fierce you really are!
21) Is there anything people may say about you that is not true that you would love to address here?
I really don’t pay much attention to rumours and hearsay. My father once told me that people only talk about you because you are very important in their daily lives. You should be worried when no one is talking about you. People will try to put you down because you are above them.
22) Which other pageants (2) inspire you?
The Miss World pageant is of course my main inspiration. They do a hell of a great job. The second will be Miss Universe.
23) If you were to stay home on valentines with your lover what would you wear and prepare for dinner?
I would be fibbing if I said I’d be dressed up at home. I’d probably spend the day in jeans and a T shirt.
24) What do you think are your best assets?
My best assets are my good heart and dashing good looks. J
25) Any last words for our many blog readers?
Oh yes I do! Never give up on a dream! You will face obstacles, people will try to knock you down but get up and keep going. Keep your eye on the prize!
Post a Comment
Fashion Police News Blog would love to ear from you