Monday 20 May 2013

Ms Teen Queen 2013 Jeanille Gibs Speaks To The Fashion Police In London Town

Ms Teen Queen 2013 Jeanille Gibs(St.Maarten)
I am 16 year old Jeanille Gibs your 2013\2014 Miss Teen Carnival Queen. Attending the Milton Peter's College. I am a dancer and young dance instructer who portrays her art through dance. I also model and play softball.

2)What 3 words best describe you as a person?

Independent, Intelligent and determined.

3)Do you think your a true representation of a today's teen if yes/no why?

Yes I do for one not only did I won the Teen carnival queen pageant but I play a positive role in my life by being a outstanding student in school, participating in various positive activities, helping others,I present myself in a well mannered way and I must say no one is perfect but that doesn't mean ill stop trying to be the best I can be.

4)Why have you decided to compete in the Carnival Teen Pageant 2013?

I decided to join the 2013 Teen Carnival Queen Pageant because I believe that it could open many opportunities and strengthen my performing skills.

5)After your first meet with all the contestants did you know you was going to win?

I always have confidence in myself but I do not under estimate anyone. All my contestant are very beautiful and special in their own way. 

6)What do you think won the hearts of the judges to make you the winner?

I Believe it was my confidence. In every segment I did my best and put my heart on the stage, especially in my Evening wear and Culture wear segment.

7)What are 4 things teens do that makes you mad?

The way some young ladies and young men carry themselves,  the way some teens would sit and  gossip about someone or something instead of getting up and doing something about it or looking at themselves, Some teen would even try to find the easy way out of everything that they do and Their attitude towards keeping St.maarten clean.

8)Who was your chaperone tell us a little about her/him?

My chaperone was none other then Miss Angelique Romou. Angelique Romou is an educator by profession, she holds a bachelor's  degree in English and a Master's Degree in Educational Science and Technology. She is also the president of The St. Martin Promoting Young Ambassadors foundation, a foundation which aims to promote the youth of SXM in their God given talents. She is also the vice-president of the Safe Haven foundation, a foundation which offers shelter, counseling and rehabilitation for battered women and their children. She is also the host of "A BETTA PLACE" a TV program geared towards the empowerment of Families. She also hosts a radio program called "The Kids Place". She was also St. Martin's representative in the 2000 Ms. Universe pageant. Angelique is also a proud mother of 2 blessings from God as she calls them and as recent as 3 years ago entered the arena of politics with her goal being to empower the young, intelligent and outspoken St. Martin youngsters to strive for excellence and in order for them to be all that they can be it is her intention to make sure that the facilities in all aspects of the word are in place to guarantee such success. Angelique Romou is a young dedicated and inspirational Role Model for youngsters all around St. Maarten.

9)If you was to walk the red carpet which designer would you wear and why?

Oscar de la renta, Because he is  one of the best designers in the world ,his pieces are one of a kind and I adore his creativity.

10)Your eveningwear was so fab who design and made that beautiful gown?

Angelique Romou designed my lovely gown  and  Rosie Cassel         Made my gown.

11)Now that your reign has begun what next for you?

Right now I'm participating in various activities, helping out the youth, Up coming talents shows,  baking sales, the Schools. I also take part in the kids place on Radio  every week discussing about various topics and situation with other teens and finding solutions. I'm also planning on participating in other pageants. 

12)Tell us a little about your costume design by who?made by who and why you have chosen the costume you displayed on the night?

My costume was design by Miss Janice Phillips and made by Wallace Leonard. I chose this costume because my theme  was all about to pay homage to our Queen Beatrix who in her last visit to SXM asked the people to honor her wish which was for the people of SXM to preserve the hills, the trees and all of the natural environment of St. Maarten.  

13)Who are your 4 best friends you would ride and die for?

(Mother) Felicia Glue, (Father) Camille Gibs, (Cousin) Ginara Lammar and (Cousin) Shyenne Johnson 

14)What music would have you running on the dance floor ?

Beautiful people by: Chris brown

15)What advice do you have for other young ladies looking to enter a pageant?

My advice would be to stay focus, Practice as much as you can, Read the newspaper everyday, Always know what is going on around you, Gather your family and friends and always be prepare remember to have fun and with god you can do anything.

16)If you had the chance to change the pageantry world what is one think you would quickly change?

My opinion on what I would change is the criteria on some of the segments.

17)What do you think of the Fashion Police News Blog?

I think its a splendid idea, using the internet in a positive way to show everyone your skills and other talented young ladies.

18)What do you think of men who teaches women to walk?

Well I believe that it is not so much what I think about men who teach women to walk but I believe that women accept advice be it positive or negative from the male gender better therefore a male trainer, be it for exercise or in this case walking, will yield better results. 

19)What are your 4 secret tips to winning a crown?

Always have Confidence in yourself, be determined, Be Prepared and be yourself by bringing  out your personality to the stage.

20)Are the contestants still staying in contact with each other since the official nite?

Most of the contestants attend the same school including me and we all stay in contact.

21)Where do you see yourself in 8 years time?

I would like to see myself as a Dance Instructer\Pageant trainer and air traffic controller in the future.

22)If the Fashion Police was to have dinner at your home what would you prepare them?

I would prepare a Home made Lasagna dish with a beverage of their choice.

Ms Teen Queen 2013 strikes a pose with her chaperone Ms Angelique Romou
23)What perfume do you love best?

Midnight breeze

24)Any last words for our many blog readers world wide?

You can truly reach your goals once you set your mind to it. Be determine and follow yours dreams for example like I did on winning this years teen carnival pageant.

Striking a pose after rehearsing with the award winning"Best Model Tainer"in the UK Catwalk Professor who is also a TV personality to ITV2 and MTV
25)What advice do you have for all teens out there?

My advice to all the teens out their is to strive for excellence, be the best you can be and remember that education is the key. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion Police News Blog would love to ear from you