Saturday 14 January 2012

London #1 Fashion Stylist Mr Franklin Speaks to the Fashion Police





1)Please tell us who you are and what you do for those not familiar with you?
1. My name is Franklin Akinsete Fashion Stylist of many decades working at the Intersection where Music,Fashion,Film,and The New Online media meet.

I've been involved in fashion all of my life from co-ordinating shoots,styling music videos,fashion editorial,feature films and whatever.

I've worked with the biggest artists in the industry over three decades and I'm as comfortable with Music Royalty on a private shopping spree in Bond St, as I would be buying in a carboot sale on a tight budget with a "Dancehall queen".



2)There are so many stylist what makes you different?  

I'm FRANK by name and nature. I try to be honest with my clients and if they don't look good I'll say.

That doesn't mean they'll listen but a least I'm true to myself.

hence www.frankstylist.com



3)What 2 words best describe you as a person?

FRANK

FUNNY  (One should be able to laugh at oneself)




4)If you was not a stylist what would you be doing?

"Shopping",running a shop, or acting.
(All of which I do now simultaneously)



5)How can someone learn more about you and view your work?

Go to my website :www.frankstylist.com

Add me on facebook: Frank Akinsete

follow me on twitter :franklinstyle

Or just speak to me I'm OK lol...




6)Name what thing you just can't leave home without?

A louis Vuitton Bag and a piece of Tom Ford Clothing but the scent will do.





7)What attracts you to someone?

You don't really want to know lol...

Ok Honesty and a bit Cheekiness


8)What do you love most about someone when dancing with them?

Feeling The Funk when somebody gets the groove and gets down I love to dance



9)If you had the chance to dress 3 people who would they be and why?

I've dressed all my heroes so it's difficult to answer

Somebody New who I rate, 

OK

"BLUE IVY CARTER "is that 3?  lol....

She is THE FUTURE that's why

Busta Rhymes  I just love his sound


Mariah Carey  somebody needs to get it right with that lady (she's the one that got away)

Mary J Blige  "SO COOL"

I've really worked with everybody I wanted to already





10)What music would have you shaking your booty on the dance floor?

Mid Seventies Disco through to early eighties FUNK

"Love Hangover"  La Ross at studio 54   STYLE ICON with BIANCA JAGGER


11)What are 3 things women do that makes you really mad?

I LOVE WOMEN so nothing it's the idiosyncrasies that make THEM SO FABULOUS


12)Describe your fashion sense?

High End Luxury  think TOM FORD menswear now, and his days at GUCCI are the BEST THINGS I've ever worn or used


13)What do you think of Fashion Police News Blog?

Fantastic I admire the fact that you go for it instead of sitting around bitching about things

It's brilliant


14)What are 4 fashion tips you live by?

Wear What suits you in terms of cut,colours and styles

Don't let the clothes wear you be confident in your choices

Look in the mirror and critique your choice before leaving, try to look best even for The supermarket

If you're in a Spectacular outfit don't let your choice of footwear spoil the look






15)If you was given 3 tickets to attend any 3 events in the uk which 3 would you attend?
FRONT ROW ONLY THOUGH

THE BRITS

FASHION AWARDS

THE BAFTAS



16)Who are your 3 best friends who you would ride and die for?
My Mother

Rocky

Karen/Shereen


17)If we was a fly on your bedroom wall what would we be shock to see?
PLEASE DON"T ASK lol....

18)What do you sleep in.......boxers.............bikini briefs.........thong........naked?

Naked mainly 

Let's not go there it's a Family Blog lol....



19)If you had the chance to whisper something really nice in the Fashion Police ears what would you say?

I LOVE YOU, YOU"RE FANTABULOUS



20)Are you single/married/relationship/married/divorce?
 
Shall we say DIVORCEE time over and it's great , really is........


21)What advice do you have for anyone who want to be a stylist?

Sleep with influential photographers or publishers it helps lol....



22)What are a few things people say about you that is not true that you would love to address here?

I love it, when people stop talking is when I'll address things 

But a bit of gossip is good and very flattering



23)If the Fashion Police was invited to your home for dinner what would you prepare?

A really tasty Caribbean inspired feast

Curry Goat

Jerk Chicken

Seasoned Lamb

Rice and Peas

Fried Fish

And a Vegetarian stew with exotic vegetables



24)If you had the power to change the world of fashion what would you change?

I think losing some of the pretence and snobbery would help the industry make more money

If you've been truly involved in fashion it doesn't take long to realise it's "THE EMPERORS NEW CLOTHES"

The more fun you have with it the better

It's hardly LIFE or DEATH lol...



25)Which stylist in the uk do you look up to if any?

I admire Edward Enninful long term Fashion Director at ID and now At American Vogue, truly talented and a dedication to that WORD FASHION which he has crafted over decades



26)Which upcoming designs are you in love with?

He's not upcoming but well en route

"Markus Lupfer" for me



27)Any last words for our readers?
"Believe In Your Dreams and Go For It"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion Police News Blog would love to ear from you