|Ms Humananity International 2012 Ms Lesa-Gayle from the island of Jamaica|
1)Please tell us who you are for those not familiar with you?
-My name is Lesa-gayle "Milan" Wee Tom, I'm a model/ fashion designer who was recently crowned Miss Humanity International.
2)What 3 words best describe you as a person?
3)Describe your fashion sense?
- From a very young age my parents gave me the creative freedom to express myself through fashion, as an adult my style is very chic with a little edge.
4)Do you think your a true representation of a today's woman?yes/no and why?
- I think I'm a true representation of myself. Women come from many different backgrounds, and I believe being different is what makes meeting people for the 1st time so interesting.
|Official photographer to Ms Humanity International was Mr Andre Browne|
5)What perfume are you wearing as we speak?
- I'm wearing Première by Gucci
6)Did you have any feeling you were going to win after meeting the rest of the contestants?
- I had no idea I was going to win, the pageant had beautiful women from all around world who were very confident, elegant and self assured. Any of them could've won.
7)What do you think you did that won the hearts of the judges?
- I think I won because I was the most prepared and I was myself the entire time. I've learned over the years that the best person I can be is me and I think the judges appreciated that.
8)Tell us all about this pageant Ms Humanity International?
-Miss Humanity International is in it's 2nd year, this pageant promotes selflessness and humanity, it also enforces the specific obligations that comes with being a positive role model.
9)If you was to walk the red carpet which designer would you wear and why?
- If I was to work the red carpet I would wear a dress from my own collection, FIERCE INTERNATIONAL with shoes by Christian Louboutin and simple accessories by Harry Winston.
10)If you were given 2 tickets to fly any where in the world where would you go and why?
- I would go to the Maldive Islands because it is said to be very tranquil and romantic.
11)What are 4 things men do that makes you mad?
12)What do you think of the Fashion Police News Blog?
- I love Fashion Police News Blog and I'm super excited to be featured on it!
13)What do you think of men who teach women how to walk?
- I think being Fierce is a lifestyle, It has no race or gender so I think it's great if a man can teach a woman how to walk.. especially a purring catwalk!
14)Tell us all about yourself......we want to get to know you.
- I'm a fun, outgoing girl who enjoys traveling, going to the beach, getting dressed up and making a difference in the world. I'm in love with love, I love being in love and spreading love!
15)What music would have you running on the dance floor to do that 2 step dance?
- No matter where I am if reggae/ dancehall music comes on, it's a guarantee that I will be dancing.. and I mean really getting down on the dance floor
16)What do you enjoy doing when your free?
- I enjoy shopping, sleeping, eating my favorite food, spending time with my friends/ loved ones or volunteering at a local charity
17)Since winning this title what have you been doing?
- I'm finishing up my degree at Florida Atlantic University so I have been juggling my studies, traveling and doing charity work since winning Miss Humanity International.
18)Who are your role models (2)?
-My mother because she's the strongest, most hard working woman I know. She continues to inspire me every day, such an amazing mother to my brother Joshua and I. I also admire Oprah because she rose above what society thought she should be and excelled despite all obstacles.
19)If the Fashion Police was to have dinner at your home what would you prepare for them?
- I would prepare Jamaican style curried shrimp with Jasmine rice and sweet plantains.
20)Describe what true beauty is?
- True beauty is very rare, it's a natural glow that radiates from within. Beautiful is the person who loves and gives with her heart. She is kind, selfless and people gravitate to her positive energy.
21)If you had one wish what would it be?
- If I had one wish, it would be to have 9 more wishes because there's so much I would change about the world we live in (such as poverty, inequality, violence etc) and 1 wish doesn't cover it all.
22)How did you prepare for this pageant give us all in details?
- First I read the judging criteria, then I used that to guide me throughout my preparations. I took dance lessons, went on a healthy diet, increased my daily exercise, took runway lessons and did a lot of reading to enhance my vocabulary & knowledge on world issues.
23)If the Fashion Police was to be a fly in your home what would we be shocked to see?
- My super fab "domestic kit". At my house in Miami, I don't have a housekeeper so I do all the cleaning and cooking myself. Domestic work is not my favorite thing to do so I jazzed it up a bit and bought a set that came with bling (swarovski crystals), from my gloves to my broom.
25)Are you going to do anymore pageant if so which one?
- I don't plan on participating in any more pageants but if the opportunity came up again, depending on where I am in my life I may or may not do it.
26)What message do you have for all women out there reading this and have no confidence?
- In this life you can't count on anyone to make your dreams a reality, u have to do it yourself and this 1st step to achieving this is by believing in yourself. If you can think it, you can achieve it with hard work, perseverance, determination and a little help from God.
27)What advice do you have for other young women who would love to walk in your footsteps?
28)Any last words for our many blog readers?
- Yes, together we can be the change we want to see in the world. Be kind to everyone, speak out and take action on issues that matter to you, we can make the world a better place for our children.
29)Please tell us all about your island Jamaica and why we should visit?
- Jamaica is a beautiful island! We're rich in culture; from our music, food and scenery to our "yardie" way of life.. it's infectious! "Once you go, you will know"
Thank you for this amazing interviewReplyDelete