Wednesday 5 December 2012

The Man Of Fashion Mr Flynn Speaks To The Fashion Police



Mr Gordon Flynn
1) Please tell us who you are and what you do for those not familiar with you?
I am the Fashion/Pr Director to Fashion Affair Magazine -
Owner of - This lil old thing.com A small on line Fashion charity store which raises money for Sick children for Worldvision childrens charity
A lover of Fashion and Style.
2)What 3 words best describe you as a person?
Passionate ,Ambitious, Forward thinking , Inspirational

3)Their are many others doing what you do what makes you stand out from the rest?
I am In this industry to help promote designers and help them to get to the next level of there career.The fashion industry can be very hard to break into for some designers - I help them get the confidence to believe in themselves. Myself and Fashion Affair Magazine place them alongside other major International designers to help them get the recognition they deserve.Seeing themselves for the first time ( for some designers) in a high fashion magazine can give new designers such a confidence boost to go forward and continue designing and live out there dreams....
4)When not working what do you enjoy doing?
I'm a bit of a workaholic so its rare I'm not working - I love my job , But in my down time i try to just relax and watch movies.
5)Do you think your a true representation of a today's man is yes/no why?
Yes I do ..I am self sufficient , hard working ,reliable and trustworthy and most of all have a lot of respect for all creatives I work with .

6)Describe your fashion sense?
My Fashion sense - Well It all depends where I am going.I am not scared to mix it up ..I recently was wearing a 'shirvani' traditional Asian ethnic clothing at Pakistan fashion week along with ripped jeans and Roberto cavali white snake skin boots, But I do tend to go for that clean cut timeless dapper look.
7)What do you think of the fashion police news blog?
I think it is a great blogg ..it gives you in-site to others in the fashion world and asks questions you would not be normally be asked. So it shows the real person and not all the smoke and mirrors .

8)How can someone from the other side of the world learn more about you and view what you do?
All they have to do is look at The Magazine - 'Fashion Affair Magazine' or for more in-dept goings on in my fashion world - follow me on Facebook/Twitter
9)If you was to walk the red carpet which designer would you wear and why?
Gucci/Prada - I love the clean classic looks to there suits
10)If you was given 2 tickets to attend any 2 events in the uk which 2 would you attend and why?
I am luck enough to be asked to a lot of wonderful uk events ...but one event I would love to go to is The Hero Awards - These are the real life changing people of out time.
11)If the fashion police was to be a fly on your bedroom wall what would we be shocked to see?
Me in Plaid pyjamas and slippers

12)Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
I am so blessed with my work and love it so much ..In 5 years time I hope to be still as happy as I am now and still promoting creative talented designers internationally
13)Are you single/married/divorce/seeing someone?
I like to keep my personal life private - but am glad to say I am very happy at the moment.
14)If you was to stay home on valentines night with your lover what would you wear and cook?
I would wear whatever my partners favourite outfit was and order in Take away .
15)Who are your 4 best friends you would ride and die for?
I am so blessed to have so many amazing friends I could not pic one over the other . I would ride and die for all of them .

16)What music would have you running to the dance floor to shake that booty?
I do love some R'n'B and classic soul
17)What are 4 things men do that makes you mad?
Not respecting women...( It does not take much to open a door or pull out a chair)
Cheating on their Partners
Spitting on the streets
Bad use of the English language

18)Tell us all about you as a person till this date and your field of work?
I am Irish/Italian - Born and raised in Dublin. I moved to London from the age of 17 and since then have been based in London while also spending time travelling all around the world. I lived in NY for several years in Harlem and loved the spirit and energy of New york and the fashion scheme there.

I started off as a stylist and model from Young age and knew the fashion business is where I belonged - I am now a International Fashion Director to a amazing magazine - Fashion affair magazine
19)What do you think of men who teaches women how to walk?
Some of the best Runway coaches i have met/worked with over the years are men and I have been Impressed by most.

20)Describe what true beauty is in your own words?
Simplicity and elegance
21)What do you love most when dancing with someone?
The connection made through the music.
22)If you had the power to change the fashion world what would you change and why?
I would make it easier for young kids to learn different skills in the fashion industry . There is not enough funding out ther for young designers to help really shine so a lot of amazing talent slips through the net and is not discovered.

23)What is one thing people may say about you that is not true that you would love to address here for the world?
I am IRISH - Not English Australian or American. People are always getting my accent confused.
23)Which one would you choose.........(1)boxer shorts....(2)bikini briefs........(3)thongs?
Not been asked this before...all depends on the situation. lol

24)What advice would you give anyone who would love to walk in your footsteps?
Have Thick Skin - Be sure of who you are - always be honest and never give false promises.

25)Any last words for our many blog readers?
LIVE LIFE. LOVE FASHION

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion Police News Blog would love to ear from you