Friday 7 December 2012

Ms Anguilla 2012 Ms Taitu Goodwin Speaks to the Fashion Police In London Town


Ms Anguilla 2012 Ms Taitu Goodwin
1) Please tell us who you are for those not familiar with you?
I am the reigning Miss Anguilla 2012, Taitu Goodwin

2) What four words best describe you as a person?
Humble, Caring, Ambitious and Diligent

3) Do you think you’re a true representation of a today's woman if yes/no why?
Yes I do, it is definitely not easy for a young woman growing up in the 21st Century who wants to become successful in life, given that there are so many negative influences around. As a result we have to not only be strong, confident and hardworking, but also know how to strike a balance in order to be compassionate, selfless individuals


.

4) Why did you decide to compete in the Ms Anguilla queen pageant?

To be honest it was a very difficult decision to make which resulted in me signing up to compete exactly a month before the show. However, I really wanted to showcase my talent and strengthen as an individual through the pageants ability to increase self confidence and public speaking skills. So I decided not to let my fear of failure paralyze me and leave me wondering what the outcome would have been. I felt better to know that at least I tried my best and that I did...leaving me victorious.

5) When you first saw the other girls who were in the contest with you did you know you were going to win?
No, I tried not to underestimate my competition.

6) What are four pageant tips you would like to share with us to win a crown?
Most importantly, enter to have fun...that minimizes the stress by far. Then, just do your best, work hard and stay focused on what you want to accomplish.




7) What are your hobbies?
Dancing has to be number one. Then I enjoy fishing and spending time with those that mean the most to me.

8) What are four things some men do that make you so mad?
Hmm, this is an interesting question. I’d say the top four would have to be when they are dishonest, controlling, unfaithful and ill-mannered.

9) Which other pageants will you be entering?
I will be entering other pageants around the region during my reign.

10) Tell us a little about your island Anguilla?
Anguilla is a really small Caribbean island with very friendly people who would make any visitor feel at home. It is an amazing vacation spot as it is fairly quiet with some of the best beaches in the world. The hotels are also absolutely amazing with cuisine that is to die for!




11) If the fashion police were to have dinner at your home what would you prepare for them?
My signature dish! Haha! Fried fish, potato au gratin (known as scalloped potatoes in the Caribbean) and maybe some corn for a balanced meal

12) Describe what true beauty is?
Not to sound too cliché but true beauty is not defined solely by outer appearance. It comes from within and one should be beautiful enough on the inside so that it radiates outwards

13) Who are your four best friends who you would ride and die for?
No doubt Gerard, Shridath, Keivois and Isabel




14) Have many doors opened since you won this title?
Oh definitely! As an ambassador for Anguilla, I have been able to promote the country, and get involved in things that I never would have had the opportunity to do otherwise. I even did a few motivational speeches!

15) What do you think of the fashion police news blog?
It is amazing, especially as it recognises people regardless of where we’re located

16) What do you think of men who teach women to walk?
Well, some men definitely know how to work it so if they want to show us what they’re working with then I’m sure open to learning a few tricks!



17) Where do you see yourself in five years time?
By then I’d be finished university so hopefully I’ll have a family of my own, be holding down a top job and making the necessary preparations to branch out on my own.

18) What do you think of contestants who enter pageants, copy talents from other pageants then win best talent in their home town pageants?
There should be some sort of sanction for that. That’s not right at all!



19) Tell us about you as a person....we want to know all about you as Ms Anguilla?
I’m 20 years old and currently studying Law and French at Cardiff University. I’m pretty much easy-going as I try not to stress over things I can't change. I tend to be a bit silly and full of energy at times but I can be a bit reserved around people I do not know that well. Also, I have a lot of self respect but can be a bit of a perfectionist at times depending on the situation.

20) How did you prepare for this pageant?
Apart from the long nights of practice and early mornings at the gym, it was not very difficult for me as I was very focused. The only difficulty was that I had to stop going to the beach so as not to get sunburnt! I love being at the beach so it was kind of depressing haha!



21) What advice do you have for young women who are thinking on entering a pageant?
It is best to give it a try so that in the end at least you know you gave it your all. It is an amazing and worthwhile experience and you grow as an individual from the time you agree to enter up until show time and maybe even after. I would encourage anyone who is interested in entering a pageant to go for it as it is a memory that would last forever.

22) If the fashion police were to be a fly on your bedroom wall what would they be shocked to see?
As it is now, they would be shocked to see what a mess it’s in being that I’m usually so organized. Papers and books everywhere!



23) Describe the feeling when you heard your name called as the winner of Ms Anguilla?
It’s almost indescribable! The joy that came over me was unreal! I was in shock but I could not stop smiling and laughing at the same time. I’m not sure if I’d ever feel that way again.  I was so proud of myself!



24) What would you say made you win?
The key to winning is consistency. I worked hard during preparation and every practice I imagined it was the real thing. So when it was show-time, what I was doing came as second nature and I was just having a blast in each segment!

25) Any last words for our many blog readers around the world?
Stay true, stay fierce and be you! xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion Police News Blog would love to ear from you