Wednesday 4 January 2012

Former Ms Universe & Ms World contestant speaks to the Police


1) Please tell us who you are and what you do for those not familiar with you?
Hello, my name is Rosemary Chileshe. I am a blessed child of God with an active role in; Church (I am New Apostolic by faith, I sing soprano in the choir and I am a Sunday School Teacher) Property (I am a Surveyor by profession), Pageantry (I am Zambia's former Beauty Queen at heart, I had the honour of representing my motherland within the UK for 3 years and at Miss World in 2004 and as a finale to my pageantry chapter at Miss Universe in 2007), Fashion (I Model Part time) Charity (in addition to the work my partner and I are doing with our foundation - The Roc Foundation, I am an Ambassador of All Star Kids Charity and Manchester Aid for Children)

2) What word best describes you as a person?

Blessed.

3) When not working what do you enjoy doing?
I love being self educated; reading books, articles, the news within all my circles of interest; Property, Charity, Fashion & Media. I also enjoy chilling with my loved ones and friends, catching up on movies and playing Monopoly!!
4) What is one thing you cant leave home without?

My bible. I have a pocket size version which is my number 1 source of inspiration and fits in anything I am carrying and always works wonders when I am on my day to day movements and I get a message from a friend / someone feeling down, I quickly refer to the relevant scriptures and text away.

5) If you was given 3 tickets to attend any 3 shows in the uk which 3 would you attend and why?

Hmm, interesting, one of the tickets would be to London Fashion Week (front row) because I love fashion and it would be great to sit back, chill and take notes for my review. The second ticket would to the theatre to watch the Lion King! I am yet to watch it, having watched "Cats" a few years ago, I know I will LOVE the "Lion King" production. The third ticket would be to any established talk show currently airing on mainstream TV. I am working on my own "On The Couch With Rosemary" so that would be for researching and self eductation purposes.

6) Are you single/married/divorce/relationship?

I am happily married.

7) What attracts you to someone?
Their God fearing ways and their ability to stay true to who they are.
8) Decribe in your own words what is a true gentleman?

In my opinion, one who is humble, has respect for others regardless of background, keeps to his word and takes responsibility for his actions and one who loves, respects and appreciates his family.
9) What music would have you running on the dance floor to shake that booty?
Rhumba (African Music). I also enjoy some of the R 'N' B music and any of the late MJ's songs.
10) Which of these 3 would you be attracted to?(a)police in uniform(b)pilot(c)construction worker?
If I have to choose from only these 3 choices; a Pilot.
11) What are your 3 fashion tips you live by?
I keep it simple with the view that "less is more", if my bottom half is on display (from the legs), I keep the top half covered.
I do not follow trends, I dress in what I love and feel fantastic in.
I keep to no more three colours in one outfit.

12) Do you think your a true representation of a today's woman if yes/no why?
Not yet, I am God's work in progress. My goal is to be like a Proverbs Woman; A strong, dignified, multitalented, caring woman who is an individual in her own right. This woman has money to invest, servants to look after and real estate to manage. She is her husband’s partner, and she is completely trusted with the responsibility for their lands, property and goods. She has the business skills to buy and sell in the market, along with the heartfelt sensitivity and compassion to care for and fulfill the needs of people who are less fortunate. Cheerfully and energetically she tackles the challenges each day brings. Her husband and children love and respect her for her kind, generous and caring nature. But with all her responsibilities, first and foremost, she looks to God. Her primary concern is God’s will in her life. She is a woman after God’s own heart.

13) Who is your role model?
First and foremore, our heavenly father, then my parents as I am a product of them, then my siblings, relatives and friends.

14) What is the worse chat up line a guy ever said to you?

I have had a few in my my opinion! to name one recent one; "Wow, you look amazing, you must have known I would bump into you"
15) Whats your best dance move?

Hmmm, giggles galore, how can I describe this; step to the side? the movement of shoulders? You would have to see me in action to confirm.
16) If you had to prepare a meal for valentines night for your other half what would you prepare and what would you wear keeping in mind your at home?
I would prepare a starter of Warm Asparagus / Prawns, A main meal of Steak / Chicken with Vegs, finish off with Vanilla Ice Cream. I would get all dressed up like we are going out for dinner but without the heels.
17) Tell us briefly about your miss universe /miss world experience
I loved both pageants. For Miss World; it was the year Lionel Richie performed. He had the chance of spending extra ttime with 10 beauties out of the 104 contestants, I was one of the chosen 10. Sharing a conversation with him and then singing and dancing along to "you are once, twice, three time a lady" with him on stage was fab! For Miss Universe, it was meeting and shaking hands with Mr Trump himself. He is one of my inspirations for starting my parent company; Swanilenga Group Ltd.
18) What are your thoughts on women who never leave their hair rest, they always have weave?
Its their personal choice, if it makes them feel great / complete, all the best to them. For me, I love working with and maintaining my own hair whatever the length / texture.

19) What are your best assets?
My mind and ways of conduct.

20) If you had to do a photo shoot using one male model from the uk who would you choose and why?
My partner, because he can Model, he has a male and female collection, so we would both have a collection to shoot and it would be fun.
21) What do you think of Fashion Police News Blog?
I think its a great initiative and from your weekly reviews, it has been well received. You have interviewed a great range of different personalities. Keep it up.

22) Any last words for our many blog readers?
Happy New Year, wishing you all much success and contentment in all that you do. Thank you for reading my interview and thank you fashion police for the interview. Please follow and support my work on; www.rosemarychileshe.com / http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rosemary-Chileshe-Ellis/169304379818697 / twitter @RosemryChileshe
23) Where would you go on a first date?
Dinner, my opportunity to share a coversation and get to know the person better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion Police News Blog would love to ear from you