Monday 2 January 2012

Morena Ignacio taking event Decorating where it needs to be taken


1)Tell us briefly who you are and what you do for those not familiar with you?
I’m Morena Ignacio born June 5th, 1975, motherland Aruba, foster home Curacao, St.Maarten is where my heart/home at. My offspring are Shandrika en De Shawn Chittick, I’m a member of JCI St.Maarten (Jaycees) en presently a circulation clerk at Philipsburg Jubilee Library (PJL)

2)What makes you different from the many interior designers out there?
I will not title myself as an interior designer! I’m an “Event Decorator” that have giving ideas to persons requested it...lol...I know my limit “Never carry a title than you can’t execute”!
What makes me different in what I do...”I see all I do in colors en feelings” it’s an Art to me as I have Fun doing it! (Explain: You see a dead tree as trash, I see it as Art that can be use in a decoration...so in other word it all depend on how you view Nature)      

3)What words best describe you as a person?
Quite, Observant, Contributor, Loving    

4)How can someone from the other side of the world view your work and learn more about you?
They will view it a Fun, colorful en beautiful, if the truly are observant they will see that I express the inner me in my work! “Please take a look at my facebook photos and give me your feedback”.

5)Where do you get your inspirations from?
Definitely from Jehovah’s creation...every day I view it here on St.Maater its hills, pond, plants, animals, culture.  At times conversations with family or friend that are having an event inspire ideas.    

6)If you could interior design the home of one person of your choice who would it be and why?
I will like to design my own home, as the saying goes the carpenter create for everyone but leave his undone! That’s why I will like to.

7)Please share with us 4 tips when trying to make our home look good?
1. If you have something that you really like an object like (vase, fabric and photo frame ext.) let that be your inspiration to your design.
2. If those items have more than one color, bring them back into your design focusing on two or three of them.
3. If it a festive event add gold or silver as a complementary assent.  
4. Have fun and “feel your work” have a friend or two to get there feedback creative process. 

8)How is the competion in what you do on St maarten (Caribbean)?
I don’t compete, I go with the flow It’s my hobby as I’ve teamed up with many friends that are Artist in Balloon work, Event Planners, Interior Designer en other Decorators.      

9)When your not working what do you enjoy doing?
Play and be crazy with my kids...now that they becoming teenagers they hangout less with mommy…lol… reading, crafting, surfing the net “Google” for me!!!

10)Are you single/married/relationship?
In an Relationship.

11)Describe your fashion sense?
I like old style, but to be frank I don’t use fashion to my own temple but you will see it in my projects.

12)Name a few projects you have interior design for?
I have decorated several events for JCI St.Maarten (Jaycees) en at Philipsburg Jubilee Library, Nehesi House, friends Weddings, team up with Catwalk Proffesor, Albert Groeneveldt, Linda Carty, Raquel Carty Lbb event planner.

13)What advice do you have for anyone wanting to do what you do?
I will advise you to research if it something you will truly love to do! If so invest in how to do book, DVD en look at such program that will enhance your talent.
Team up with friends or others that share your passion.  

14)How do you stay updated in all the different styles in what’s happening?
I don’t but I say Old inspires new!!!…you put an antique singer sewing machine add an arrangement of flowers en a large photo frame around. You have an Art display. If I do get a chance I look at the wedding channel, Preston Bailey, David Tutera, Martha Steward. As well I get craft and decoration Books at PJL Library. 

15)If  someone was looking for an interior designer how would you convince them you’re the person for the job not using pictures, only using words what would you say to them to convince you have what it takes?
“I’m like a coal, provided an opportunity I will give you an brilliant Gem as result”

16) Open word!
I will like to Thank Fashion Police for this interview opportunity. I wish you the best in your future Goals!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion Police News Blog would love to ear from you